Skip to main content

Handwork

Don't think that because I haven't written that I have been busy or anything like that. No, I have come up with a couple more hobbies, through trial and error. First I wanted to take up my embroidery again, but I didn't like the way it was turning out. I still don't feel certain if I want to continue, but for now I'm enamored of cross-stitching. I love the precision and lack of limitation in my designs. There are so many adorable cross stitch patterns. I can't even take them all in. The only disadvantage is using Aida cloth all the time, but at least it comes in different colors. I have a daffodil project planned for my (very short) weekend.

I have also been following through with Internet purchases I thought on for a while. My most-anticipated is all the cute shoes I ordered from Shoemall.com.

My mood was bleak a day or so ago, but I am getting better. This gray weather makes it very, very hard to feel excited about much of anything.

There is a couple sitting across the room having tea with the same Tare Panda tea set that I have. They thought it was so cute, they took a picture when she brought their tea. 

I feel very cold and lonely. It goes to the very marrow of my bones. I promise myself that I will get bubble tea with Nathan on Sunday. Maybe then I will buy this piggy bank on the shelf with little rosebuds all over him. I am too melancholy to purchase it now.

Popular posts from this blog

Where does it lie

I look out onto the yellow and brown vegetation beneath my window, at the castle-like buildings far away and wonder where do I lie in all of this? There was a time when I was unfettered. This was a time before I entered the working world, before I was independent. My heart was free as a bird when I was in college. I did not know what happiness I experienced in my creativity because I had never known different. In other aspects of my life I knew pain but my stories, sprung up lately from a gothic mist into an immersing Pre-Raphaelite painting, were a richness and the most beautiful thing I had ever known. That the most beautiful thing I knew to exist happened inside of me made me very happy, even though I didn't know it. Now I know the sun is setting, even though I can't see it, because the bank of brown, twisted trees and shrubs is lit gold, like a reflection from a golden chalice. Slowly, slowly it will fade until everything is a homogenous, uncertain gray. This is the nightma...

Cassandra stood poised at her vanity mirror. Her long hair, which spilled past her waist, was twisted in one hand, and in the other was a pair of jeweled scissors.

As she lifted the scissors to cut, a larger hand wrapped around hers. Cassandra withdrew with a cry. "Kell! I didn't see you come in." He took the scissors away. "I take it you got the job." "I did," she said crisply. "Return my scissors to me." "Not if you intend to cut off your hair. What do you mean by this nonsense?" "I can't have long hair in the laboratory. It might catch fire or something." "Look there." He guided her to the window. Below them lay the scattered remains of a centuries-old city park. The benches were near invisible due to growth, while the pond had extended far beyond its original boundaries. Ducks floated serenely on its surface. "We played as children. Do you remember how you prized your hair?" Cassandra laughed a little drily. "Of course. I insisted all my powers as princess lay in my hair. I was haughty. unworthy of the friendship of you and your sister." ...

Snow White and the Prince

I dreamed in darkness, cold and alone. Phantasms shifted around me, frightening me, but I was powerless to escape them or even move, as I was sealed in a casket. I thought of the Queen, my Stepmother, and tears dripped from my eyes as I considered the quasi-poignant moments we had once shared, when we might have been considered to be close, when the Queen had nearly been a mother to me, and the face of love had shone radiantly upon me, before eclipsed again by the storms of Venus. I thought of the huntsman, stung to consider that my only friend had been poised to betray me, to kill me, and again in my mind I felt the horror of his shadow, of waiting while he came behind me, knowing there was no escape for me from a death he would inflict. My heart lifted as images of the Prince entered my mind, his grace atop a white-maned horse, always out of my reach, just beyond the words I longed to speak. If only there had been more time for us to fall in love. He might have saved me from those...