Skip to main content

Have nothing important to say

But I really feel like saying something.

Don't even know what.

Today has been a little strange. I did this thing a couple of months ago where I spent seven hours unraveling a tangled ball of yarn. I felt a deep compulsion to do it, and I could barely even stop myself long enough to go to the bathroom or eat. But I was getting this deep satisfaction from doing it. And when I was done, it was like Ahhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I was in a completely different mindset, but I felt very existential, I needed to say, time does not exist. It doesn't matter if I waste this whole day doing something meaningless. I don't want the illusion of doing something "meaningful" right now, because no matter what I do it will be meaningless. So I have these paper dolls from what I guess is my childhood, but more like probably middle school, or when I really got into costuming and vintage movies. I have some Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable paper dolls that I cut out then, kind of messily, and so periodically I have been going back and in mincing detail "making it right." Today I did that for my Blanche du Bois paper outfits, I only have two, but I spent hours smoothing out the messy cuttings.

Then I still didn't feel like doing anything useful, so I dug my magazine clippings notebooks out and threw away all my old recipes that were for meat dishes.

Somehow that felt meaningless too, so I wrote an entry in my journal trying to figure out what is wrong with me. This isn't like the ball of yarn day. This is a mincing-tiny-cutting day.

I guess yes, that I feel a lot of anxiety about the upcoming holidays. I hate the holidays. So I'm trying to figure out if I should not do anything at all, or what?

I have also been feeling a lot of religious stress. Like I really don't like or respect the Christian faith almost at all any more, but somehow it still dominates my life, and I have to be patient, tactful and affirmative all the time it seems like, when I think people are being completely fucking ignorant. I laugh at myself because I'm really trying to be the happy, smiley, affirmative New Age maiden in Dion Fortune's book. I can't believe that was a stereotype even in like the 1940's virtually before the New Age movement even happened.

I don't know why I think being vegetarian or transitioning into being vegan is going to make my life better. It does a little bit, because at least I can say I'm completely separate from the custom of people slaughtering Christmas animals and stuffing themselves full of food around a dinner table like disgusting pigs. But still, like I feel so stressed. I guess I have really been out of my normal routine lately and seeing different things, but the next two months are going to be out of my normal routine a great deal so I'm going to have to cope with it somehow.

So what do I want to say? What do I want to say?

I don't know anything. I don't know ANYTHING. I do really, really feel like everything is meaningless. I feel so, so different from everyone else in the world, and because I don't want to be dominating, I get dominated in ways big and small by the rest of the world, and it ends up making me feel like what I want and what I feel counts for NOTHING in this world.

And by the way, what happens between Halloween and Christmas? Nothing? I think the retailers like decided Thanksgiving wasn't lucrative so they like just eradicated it.

Popular posts from this blog

Where does it lie

I look out onto the yellow and brown vegetation beneath my window, at the castle-like buildings far away and wonder where do I lie in all of this? There was a time when I was unfettered. This was a time before I entered the working world, before I was independent. My heart was free as a bird when I was in college. I did not know what happiness I experienced in my creativity because I had never known different. In other aspects of my life I knew pain but my stories, sprung up lately from a gothic mist into an immersing Pre-Raphaelite painting, were a richness and the most beautiful thing I had ever known. That the most beautiful thing I knew to exist happened inside of me made me very happy, even though I didn't know it. Now I know the sun is setting, even though I can't see it, because the bank of brown, twisted trees and shrubs is lit gold, like a reflection from a golden chalice. Slowly, slowly it will fade until everything is a homogenous, uncertain gray. This is the nightma...

Cassandra stood poised at her vanity mirror. Her long hair, which spilled past her waist, was twisted in one hand, and in the other was a pair of jeweled scissors.

As she lifted the scissors to cut, a larger hand wrapped around hers. Cassandra withdrew with a cry. "Kell! I didn't see you come in." He took the scissors away. "I take it you got the job." "I did," she said crisply. "Return my scissors to me." "Not if you intend to cut off your hair. What do you mean by this nonsense?" "I can't have long hair in the laboratory. It might catch fire or something." "Look there." He guided her to the window. Below them lay the scattered remains of a centuries-old city park. The benches were near invisible due to growth, while the pond had extended far beyond its original boundaries. Ducks floated serenely on its surface. "We played as children. Do you remember how you prized your hair?" Cassandra laughed a little drily. "Of course. I insisted all my powers as princess lay in my hair. I was haughty. unworthy of the friendship of you and your sister." ...

Snow White and the Prince

I dreamed in darkness, cold and alone. Phantasms shifted around me, frightening me, but I was powerless to escape them or even move, as I was sealed in a casket. I thought of the Queen, my Stepmother, and tears dripped from my eyes as I considered the quasi-poignant moments we had once shared, when we might have been considered to be close, when the Queen had nearly been a mother to me, and the face of love had shone radiantly upon me, before eclipsed again by the storms of Venus. I thought of the huntsman, stung to consider that my only friend had been poised to betray me, to kill me, and again in my mind I felt the horror of his shadow, of waiting while he came behind me, knowing there was no escape for me from a death he would inflict. My heart lifted as images of the Prince entered my mind, his grace atop a white-maned horse, always out of my reach, just beyond the words I longed to speak. If only there had been more time for us to fall in love. He might have saved me from those...