Ah...!
I got my long-awaited Niles and C.C. ep today! Here's a clip from YouTube, but I have a quality version to add to my Nanny favorites DVD.
Well, I did not do all of the things on my little list, but I did some of them.
I picked up an interesting-looking spray paint from Hobby Lobby for the strawberry bed. It gives it a rough-hewn surface meant to look like stone. That's the first time I ever spray-painted anything. I had no idea it was so easy, just point and spray. It was somewhat forgiving, especially since the texture is uneven by default.
I made a meat pie. Ah, it was good.
I am nearly done with a few of my books now, namely Wild Rain, Rebel Angels and The Last Man, so we will see how far I can get tonight.
It's rather clever in The Last Man, that Lionel actually contracts the plague but recovers from it, so no matter what happens, he can't die from it, and he's the last man. I didn't know they knew so much about medicine in the early 1800's. I'm fond of so many things about the book, but it really kills me at times with the authorial intrusion. I can't believe I started it in just May.
I look out onto the yellow and brown vegetation beneath my window, at the castle-like buildings far away and wonder where do I lie in all of this? There was a time when I was unfettered. This was a time before I entered the working world, before I was independent. My heart was free as a bird when I was in college. I did not know what happiness I experienced in my creativity because I had never known different. In other aspects of my life I knew pain but my stories, sprung up lately from a gothic mist into an immersing Pre-Raphaelite painting, were a richness and the most beautiful thing I had ever known. That the most beautiful thing I knew to exist happened inside of me made me very happy, even though I didn't know it. Now I know the sun is setting, even though I can't see it, because the bank of brown, twisted trees and shrubs is lit gold, like a reflection from a golden chalice. Slowly, slowly it will fade until everything is a homogenous, uncertain gray. This is the nightma...