Skip to main content

Christmas

This weekend we enjoyed the last temperate weekend probably for a time to come. I was able to decorate pretty thoroughly. We have the tree now and other ornamented locales. My monks are across the mantel on a pallet of snowy fleece. I want to get long candles for an advent wreath. I also disassembled the broken Christmas angel my mother gave me and used the lights for a tiny Christmas tree. They are incredibly hot, and I'm hoping they will not set the tree on fire, since they melted the angel's plastic cone.

I am still not sure how to complete reparations of the angel. I don't really know how to make another cone, need to remove the last sharp bits of the present one, and figure out how to brush, iron, glue and clean the various parts to rightness. I don't need her this year anyway.

I still want to make the Snow White Christmas tree skirt. I also want to glue the sequins back on the felt Advent calendar. I will need to buy some as well as the candles.

Last night I was able to come up with several dress and project designs. I am publishing those to A Fine and Private Place. In addition to the Awakenings project I am considering revitalizing Cinderella. I didn't like the last chapter and want to change it.

Yesterday we went to a new church. That was interesting, and we will go again. It was a very modern nondenominational church, though it was actually not very large, or at least, the attendance appeared to be fairly low. After that we had jazz brunch at Birraporreti's, which was really remarkable.

So, here I am again. I must admit, it's very much a low after such a nice weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Snow White and the Prince

I dreamed in darkness, cold and alone. Phantasms shifted around me, frightening me, but I was powerless to escape them or even move, as I was sealed in a casket. I thought of the Queen, my Stepmother, and tears dripped from my eyes as I considered the quasi-poignant moments we had once shared, when we might have been considered to be close, when the Queen had nearly been a mother to me, and the face of love had shone radiantly upon me, before eclipsed again by the storms of Venus. I thought of the huntsman, stung to consider that my only friend had been poised to betray me, to kill me, and again in my mind I felt the horror of his shadow, of waiting while he came behind me, knowing there was no escape for me from a death he would inflict. My heart lifted as images of the Prince entered my mind, his grace atop a white-maned horse, always out of my reach, just beyond the words I longed to speak. If only there had been more time for us to fall in love. He might have saved me from those...

Where does it lie

I look out onto the yellow and brown vegetation beneath my window, at the castle-like buildings far away and wonder where do I lie in all of this? There was a time when I was unfettered. This was a time before I entered the working world, before I was independent. My heart was free as a bird when I was in college. I did not know what happiness I experienced in my creativity because I had never known different. In other aspects of my life I knew pain but my stories, sprung up lately from a gothic mist into an immersing Pre-Raphaelite painting, were a richness and the most beautiful thing I had ever known. That the most beautiful thing I knew to exist happened inside of me made me very happy, even though I didn't know it. Now I know the sun is setting, even though I can't see it, because the bank of brown, twisted trees and shrubs is lit gold, like a reflection from a golden chalice. Slowly, slowly it will fade until everything is a homogenous, uncertain gray. This is the nightma...

The Soul of the Rose

There's something dark and nasty about Google. I don't care much for its interfaces. They're not very elegant. I knew it would come to this. All my little accounts end up getting swallowed up in large corporations. Anyway, I have finally been able to share my second chapter of The Soul of the Rose on Fiction Press. It occurred to me I have not mentioned it here yet. At Winter Garden , find The Soul of the Rose Chapter One, The Rose , and Chapter Two, A Journey . I just ordered these from the Victorian Trading Company. I can't wait to wear them with my ensemble for the 1980's party. I want to tell you that I have been yearning for these since high school. I figured it was about time.