Skip to main content

Can I turn it off now

Can I turn off this mind that's always figuring
Can I quit being interested in every word that's spoken, every bit, every piece, every clue about every human being
Can I stop being obsessed with what it all means
What this part means and this part
It has gotten to the point where I can't be offended by anything anymore because I'm caught up in the cultural ramifications
I can't be interested in anything because I am obsessed with why I am interested
Asking me to fill out an about me and I can just put a <3

Actually that's not true, I am just going through this change
This deep figuring
I thought about deleting this blog weeks ago and all of a sudden I can't stop posting

I am interested in plenty of stuff
I am obsessed with YouTube people
Blogging people
Etsy people
An artist, a musician
I have no idea who famous people are any more
Screen name people are a common subject at my dinner table

I read an interesting article about Gen Y, actually it grouped me in with them, while Strauss and Howe don't, don't agree with all of it, it seems like every time I read real published news it's obviously exaggerated or slanted and I am repelled. I don't know why I was so intimidated about being a real journalist, they need smart, discerning people who can write well.

I share some characteristics with X and some Y, really 50/50. The Y work ethic, I don't quite have that. I like it, but I have the X mentality of never feeling like I can do better, and I better do as well as I can if I want to even survive. Asking my company for a nap room, that's amusing, but my concern is survival, physically and emotionally.

Popular posts from this blog

Where does it lie

I look out onto the yellow and brown vegetation beneath my window, at the castle-like buildings far away and wonder where do I lie in all of this? There was a time when I was unfettered. This was a time before I entered the working world, before I was independent. My heart was free as a bird when I was in college. I did not know what happiness I experienced in my creativity because I had never known different. In other aspects of my life I knew pain but my stories, sprung up lately from a gothic mist into an immersing Pre-Raphaelite painting, were a richness and the most beautiful thing I had ever known. That the most beautiful thing I knew to exist happened inside of me made me very happy, even though I didn't know it. Now I know the sun is setting, even though I can't see it, because the bank of brown, twisted trees and shrubs is lit gold, like a reflection from a golden chalice. Slowly, slowly it will fade until everything is a homogenous, uncertain gray. This is the nightma...

Cassandra stood poised at her vanity mirror. Her long hair, which spilled past her waist, was twisted in one hand, and in the other was a pair of jeweled scissors.

As she lifted the scissors to cut, a larger hand wrapped around hers. Cassandra withdrew with a cry. "Kell! I didn't see you come in." He took the scissors away. "I take it you got the job." "I did," she said crisply. "Return my scissors to me." "Not if you intend to cut off your hair. What do you mean by this nonsense?" "I can't have long hair in the laboratory. It might catch fire or something." "Look there." He guided her to the window. Below them lay the scattered remains of a centuries-old city park. The benches were near invisible due to growth, while the pond had extended far beyond its original boundaries. Ducks floated serenely on its surface. "We played as children. Do you remember how you prized your hair?" Cassandra laughed a little drily. "Of course. I insisted all my powers as princess lay in my hair. I was haughty. unworthy of the friendship of you and your sister." ...

Snow White and the Prince

I dreamed in darkness, cold and alone. Phantasms shifted around me, frightening me, but I was powerless to escape them or even move, as I was sealed in a casket. I thought of the Queen, my Stepmother, and tears dripped from my eyes as I considered the quasi-poignant moments we had once shared, when we might have been considered to be close, when the Queen had nearly been a mother to me, and the face of love had shone radiantly upon me, before eclipsed again by the storms of Venus. I thought of the huntsman, stung to consider that my only friend had been poised to betray me, to kill me, and again in my mind I felt the horror of his shadow, of waiting while he came behind me, knowing there was no escape for me from a death he would inflict. My heart lifted as images of the Prince entered my mind, his grace atop a white-maned horse, always out of my reach, just beyond the words I longed to speak. If only there had been more time for us to fall in love. He might have saved me from those...