Skip to main content

List of happinesses

Caramel apple cider
Crock pot
My bird's face

Yesterday I got home on time and had a chance to read through most of my second Susan Barrie novel, then go through my toiletries to shift around what was on my shelves. I created a little army of nail polishes on the top shelf which will hopefully help me decide what colors to use. I have so many, and none are quite what I want (who doesn't say that about their stuff?). I also have many perfumes I am making myself use up before I buy the vintage scents I desire. I didn't get to the jewelry. I'll save that one for another day.

I have been embroidering over a dish towel transfer that I painted in T-shirt paints a very long time ago. It is helping me improve my stiches, and after this I will be ready for a serious project. I want to do some pillowcases, little pillows, curtains, aprons, and of course tea towels too.

I feel pretty unhappy that I have written nothing in two weeks. Yesterday I thought it would be better to rest. I think I will try to resume my weekly schedule of writing/craft instead of trying to make up the days I missed.

I hope I can get a caramel apple cider today. I have no food, so I have to get out one way or another on break.

Popular posts from this blog

Love oneself

I have found a new barometer by which to judge my actions, or rather, it is an involuntary barometer that is improving me perhaps without my say. For every weak thing I do or begin to do, I ask myself if I would admire myself for it. I have felt so critical of myself lately, so ugly, so awful, and out of it has sprung this quest to improve myself. I don't want to become a slave to style magazines; rather, I could not admire myself for doing that. At the same time, I want to look right and decent and keep from embarrassing myself. I feel like my hygeine is always falling short, just like the housework. Every time I turn around, there's hair where hair shouldn't be, there's stuff under my toenails, my tee shirts are shrinking up and showing my stomach; to say nothing of my wildly oxidizing jewelry, scuffed shoes, &c. I don't understand why I don't see anyone else with these problems! Do they spend all their time at home cleaning their jewelry and ironing their

Studying with Dolls

In the afternoons, I usually take my laptop or a book to the bed and study, and a doll for company. Gertrude is sitting on my bed desk. I got her in 2015 from the Korean doll company Dollmore. She's a "Flocke" sculpt. Willow is sitting with my headphones. She's made by the Chinese company Angel of Dream. I got her in 2013. She's a "Qing" sculpt.

Elmer M. Oliver Nature Park