Skip to main content

New site design

I have been working on my new site design for Winter Light, and I find it really frustrating. It's like having to learn an entirely new language just to understand one poem. At the same time, I want to do more in web design than Winter Light. This is an initial challenge for me.

I have already tried a few things, but I haven't updated it to the site. I thought I would just wait till I was done. My goal is to have the design finished by April 1 for my blog, and integrate it into all my applications by May 1. To be honest, I find that a lot less intimidating. The technical aspects actually come easier to me than the design.

After struggling for two days, I've decided to go back to the book and focus on learning design, not CSS, since I have that down.

I can't put my finger on quite what it was that made my earlier designs feel right. They are very 1.0 and very simple, but I have no problem with them like I do this two-column layout.

Popular posts from this blog

Love oneself

I have found a new barometer by which to judge my actions, or rather, it is an involuntary barometer that is improving me perhaps without my say. For every weak thing I do or begin to do, I ask myself if I would admire myself for it. I have felt so critical of myself lately, so ugly, so awful, and out of it has sprung this quest to improve myself. I don't want to become a slave to style magazines; rather, I could not admire myself for doing that. At the same time, I want to look right and decent and keep from embarrassing myself. I feel like my hygeine is always falling short, just like the housework. Every time I turn around, there's hair where hair shouldn't be, there's stuff under my toenails, my tee shirts are shrinking up and showing my stomach; to say nothing of my wildly oxidizing jewelry, scuffed shoes, &c. I don't understand why I don't see anyone else with these problems! Do they spend all their time at home cleaning their jewelry and ironing their

Elmer M. Oliver Nature Park

 

Studying with Dolls

In the afternoons, I usually take my laptop or a book to the bed and study, and a doll for company. Gertrude is sitting on my bed desk. I got her in 2015 from the Korean doll company Dollmore. She's a "Flocke" sculpt. Willow is sitting with my headphones. She's made by the Chinese company Angel of Dream. I got her in 2013. She's a "Qing" sculpt.