Skip to main content

Some remarks

I do believe that one can always control the volume and pitch of one's sneeze to a certain degree. I've never heard anyone else say it, but I do think so.

Last night I cleaned out my sewing room, which is likely the most disturbingly disorganized mess I've made, and I found my blue journal. I was so excited. My last entry was 10/12. I believe I lost it for that long. The fact is I remember several weeks ago when I was rummaging for some craft supplies I had stacked a great deal of mess on my desk. It all collapsed to the side, taking my journal along. I never cleaned up the mess - I have no good explanation, but I remember feeling discouraged when it happened. I have felt very overwhelmed about that room, and last night I finally found the energy to give it a try.

I also discovered a host of insect shells and webs beneath my desk. It would seem someone has been very busy in my absence. I will admit I often see spiders in my sewing room - and I ignore them. If no one told me I wasn't supposed to like them there, I would like them there.

In addition to finding my journal I found the will to take my deer cardigan cross stitch back up again. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. this morning and felt great, did some work on the cardigan and also did some research on the natural kei/mori style.

I am a little slow, but I am catching on to the fact that all these Japanese style, designated by "kei" are related to a musical movement. As a matter of fact, mori "forest" style is related to shoegaze music. I don't like the music, but now that I have found the clothes I may take my Tearwave album back out. The album art at least is exactly how I think of natural kei.

My other interest, fairy kei, is related I do believe to electropop and something else, I'm missing the word - but it is a musical movement I like - and also of course 1980's pop - that's the heart of the movement.

As for gothic lolita, well, I must admit I am not connected to Mana as a musician or as a stylist. I'm sorry, I know. That's why I don't post to the communities. The whole concept of any of these "kei" styles is extreme, like a drag queen, and often wearing lolita you will look like a drag queen. But Mana is, literally, a drag queen. I have never heard anyone say that before - man, I'm full of original ideas today - but yes, I'm sorry. He's a drag queen. I don't think he looks like a beautiful woman, like many gothic lolitas do. I think he looks exactly like a man dressed like a woman. He has a man's face. I'm sorry. He's a man.

Wow. Anyway, last night I also made a drawer in the upstairs room (that's where I like to do it, I don't know why) to store my jewelry-making supplies. I am almost done with my re-made black choker. It looks exactly how I wanted it to look.

I have so many more plans and ideas. I'm trying to hold back and not buy a lot of stuff, fix up what I have. The book I happened to find at Half Price Books in that clearance kit is really wonderful. The techniques, the styles, the way it was shown and explained, I caught on to it immediately. I usually have a really hard time translating mechanical instructions to real life, but I caught on to this in a big way, and it has changed . well . how I spend most of my time.

Well . sorry for going on for so long. I am trying to organize myself right now, feel overwhelmed by this and the holidays coming up - this voice in my head says, it must be perfect! - everything I think of Christmas, and I can feel my very bone marrow tighten up when I think about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Where does it lie

I look out onto the yellow and brown vegetation beneath my window, at the castle-like buildings far away and wonder where do I lie in all of this? There was a time when I was unfettered. This was a time before I entered the working world, before I was independent. My heart was free as a bird when I was in college. I did not know what happiness I experienced in my creativity because I had never known different. In other aspects of my life I knew pain but my stories, sprung up lately from a gothic mist into an immersing Pre-Raphaelite painting, were a richness and the most beautiful thing I had ever known. That the most beautiful thing I knew to exist happened inside of me made me very happy, even though I didn't know it. Now I know the sun is setting, even though I can't see it, because the bank of brown, twisted trees and shrubs is lit gold, like a reflection from a golden chalice. Slowly, slowly it will fade until everything is a homogenous, uncertain gray. This is the nightma...

Cassandra stood poised at her vanity mirror. Her long hair, which spilled past her waist, was twisted in one hand, and in the other was a pair of jeweled scissors.

As she lifted the scissors to cut, a larger hand wrapped around hers. Cassandra withdrew with a cry. "Kell! I didn't see you come in." He took the scissors away. "I take it you got the job." "I did," she said crisply. "Return my scissors to me." "Not if you intend to cut off your hair. What do you mean by this nonsense?" "I can't have long hair in the laboratory. It might catch fire or something." "Look there." He guided her to the window. Below them lay the scattered remains of a centuries-old city park. The benches were near invisible due to growth, while the pond had extended far beyond its original boundaries. Ducks floated serenely on its surface. "We played as children. Do you remember how you prized your hair?" Cassandra laughed a little drily. "Of course. I insisted all my powers as princess lay in my hair. I was haughty. unworthy of the friendship of you and your sister." ...

Snow White and the Prince

I dreamed in darkness, cold and alone. Phantasms shifted around me, frightening me, but I was powerless to escape them or even move, as I was sealed in a casket. I thought of the Queen, my Stepmother, and tears dripped from my eyes as I considered the quasi-poignant moments we had once shared, when we might have been considered to be close, when the Queen had nearly been a mother to me, and the face of love had shone radiantly upon me, before eclipsed again by the storms of Venus. I thought of the huntsman, stung to consider that my only friend had been poised to betray me, to kill me, and again in my mind I felt the horror of his shadow, of waiting while he came behind me, knowing there was no escape for me from a death he would inflict. My heart lifted as images of the Prince entered my mind, his grace atop a white-maned horse, always out of my reach, just beyond the words I longed to speak. If only there had been more time for us to fall in love. He might have saved me from those...