Skip to main content

Other Unicorns

I can't believe it, there's going to be a NaNoWriMo chapter in my immediate area for all of our little small towns. I'm so excited, I have to go to an event now, finally. I have written three wrimo novels -- the only novels I ever complete now will probably be through this challenge. If I finally go to an event I may meet the Other Unicorns. They may even live around me. My god, who knows???

I am so excited about what I'm writing this year. It is everything I am and everything I need to say right now. It's about my reading, my ideas, my spirit, and the way I've become this person now. I can't wait for November. I am still trying to decide if I'm going to put it online or not. Right now I'm saying yes, but not right away so I can have some breathing room, say what I need to say all the way without worrying about putting it out there. But I will be posting my daily word counts here. The NaNoWriMo site crashes or is really slow in November (when people actually use it) and it just wastes my time updating my word count.

My heart is hurting right now. You don't know, you just don't know. But I am doing the right thing, I am sharing my thoughts and my feelings with others now. And I love others, every person, because I can see so easily behind every prejudice, every hateful thing, is fear, and I understand fear. My god, if life has taught me one thing it's, oh my god, Amanda, please don't keep it to yourself if something bad is happening to you, guess what, here is a secret.

When I was a child I shared my thoughts and my feelings, but then bad things happened to me I could not tell other people. So you form a habit really fast of putting on a happy face and not admitting it if something bad happens to you. This puts you in a situation where you can be abused your whole life, because it's actually very hard to turn that around when you've done it since childhood. I am telling you this because I tell the truth as best as I know it, I have an uneasy relationship with reality because I am not afraid to walk off cliffs or take risks anymore. Everything feels like a dream when the world tilts and shifts this way.

I have to tell the truth, it's the only way I can be a gentle person. For years I have been under high risk of being all kinds of different things and people, but in the end there's only one path for me, and I'm taking it now, you're reading it. It's not who I am to be harsh edges, or even too up front or demanding. At the same time, life has been too rough with me to allow me to be a good Christian girl, a sweet, conservative girl. I had to find other ways and other philosophies because I could not survive with the ones given to me, the principal ones to stuff down my feelings and put on a happy face, and if I feel upset about something it's because I am about to start my period and have PMS. Bull shit!!

This is the way I save myself, and maybe some day I will help other people too. The tarot card that is the thing I need to Learn to reach my Goal is the Star. That's one foot on solid ground, and one foot in the dream world. It is hard to live that way, I long for safety and peace, yet I also long to be in and with the world (the World card is my Problem in the way of my Goal btw). Out of 78 cards how can these be mere coincidence when they make sense where they were placed. The tarot is a living relationship between me and my guiding spirit, and I began tarot expecting nothing, but I found a channel through which I am learning to help myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Studying with Dolls

In the afternoons, I usually take my laptop or a book to the bed and study, and a doll for company. Gertrude is sitting on my bed desk. I got her in 2015 from the Korean doll company Dollmore. She's a "Flocke" sculpt. Willow is sitting with my headphones. She's made by the Chinese company Angel of Dream. I got her in 2013. She's a "Qing" sculpt.

Love oneself

I have found a new barometer by which to judge my actions, or rather, it is an involuntary barometer that is improving me perhaps without my say. For every weak thing I do or begin to do, I ask myself if I would admire myself for it. I have felt so critical of myself lately, so ugly, so awful, and out of it has sprung this quest to improve myself. I don't want to become a slave to style magazines; rather, I could not admire myself for doing that. At the same time, I want to look right and decent and keep from embarrassing myself. I feel like my hygeine is always falling short, just like the housework. Every time I turn around, there's hair where hair shouldn't be, there's stuff under my toenails, my tee shirts are shrinking up and showing my stomach; to say nothing of my wildly oxidizing jewelry, scuffed shoes, &c. I don't understand why I don't see anyone else with these problems! Do they spend all their time at home cleaning their jewelry and ironing their

Then, they let Margot out.

Work is going to be really tough for the next month and a half. There is really no margin for error in the goal I have set. I will have to make and run at least one sample, sometimes two, every day. I am going to have to work overtime in the beginning just to leave myself a little room. Long ago I read this story about people who colonized Venus. The storms cleared, the sun shone, and plants grew only one day every hundred years. On the day the sun was to come out some children locked the nerd (I'm sure that would be me) in the closet, and after the day was over, they let her out. That is how I felt yesterday. I could only get a table far in Starbucks, so I didn't know what the weather was doing. I had planned to shop for my spring wardrobe and I did that very well. It took two hours, which is really a lot less than it would take in person, and the things I got were very much to my taste, but I stepped out into warmth, sunshine, and balmy air, and there was only an hour left in